Other than malaria, there are no endemic diseases that travelers to Africa need worry about. Malaria is prevalent during the summer (the wet season) but is not a problem during the dry season. Discuss taking a prophylaxis and its possible side-effects with your doctor.
- Antibacterial cream to deal with minor infections
- Sunburn cream or cream for minor burns
- Eye lotion for sun strain, dryness and sand
- Lip cream for dry cracked lips
- Aspirin or other headache pills
- Phalagal or similar for stomach bugs
- Imodium for bouts of diarrhoea